- #12 Kyle Connor has been dominant in the USHL this season. He currently sits with 74 points in 53 games and sits atop USHL scoring. He's a shifty playmaking center who is going to be one of the best value picks if he falls out of the top 10.
- #13 Jansen Harkins is my favourite player in the draft. I've stated it before, and I still believe that without Eichel/McDavid, Harkins cracks the top 10. He plays with incredible confidence and poise, and excels at both ends of the ice. David Krejci 2.0.
- #14 Travis Konecny is an immensely skilled forward who, despite his size, gives it 110 per cent every time he hits the ice. He's a heart and soul guy who can also put the puck in the net, and make incredible passes. Could rise, could fall, all due to his size.
- #15 Timo Meier is an intriguing player. His size and stat line suggest he could be a top 10 pick, however his all round game isn't quite there yet. Another year in the QMJHL, and he'll be a top three player in the league.
- #16 Nick Merkley, much like Konecny, is resilient. For a player who stands at 5'10, he can take an absolute beating. Merkley is also an offensive machine recording 90 points in his second WHL season. At the next level, Merkley could be a top six playmaker.
- #17 Oliver Kylington has seen his stock fall this year. Known as an offensive defenceman, the point totals just aren't there. He's not strong in his own end, but he is a great skater. For now, he's a project.
The big night is here! We're going to find out where Connor McDavid will be drafted in the upcoming NHL entry draft! But first we continue our countdown to #1 with NHL Draft Talk's end-of-the-season draft rankings! Today it's #12-17!